We are one with the nation on the implementation of Republic Act. 11469, otherwise known as “The Bayanihan to Heal as One Act”, the law enacted granting the President of the Philippines additional authority to combat the 2020 coronavirus pandemic in the Philippines. We express our utmost support on the 30-day grace period on credit card payments.
We would like to give you our unwavering commitment to serve you during these challenging times. We have updated our Skip Payment Program to comply with the implementing rules and regulations issued by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas as specified in the Memorandum Nos. M-2020-017 and M-2020-018. All our cardholders are automatically enrolled in our Skip Payment Program. Our Skip Payment Program grants 30-day grace period for credit cards falling due from March 17 to April 30, 2020 without incurring penalty interest on finance charges and late charges.
We encourage you to keep your credit card in good credit standing. Should you opt to pay for your credit card(s) to avoid the assessment of the finance charges, you may refer to our payment channels found in the Frequently Asked Questions below to conveniently pay for your credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who are qualified to avail the Skip Payment Program?
`Both individual and corporate credit cardholders in good credit standing and in delinquent status, and regardless of whether they are paying for their credit cards in full or paying the minimum amount due or less than the total amount due, are covered by the 30-day grace period.
2. When will the 30-day grace period commence?
The 30-day grace period shall commence from the payment due date falling within the Enhanced Community Quarantine period.
3. What are the charges that can be reversed under the Bayanihan Law?
The following charges can be reversed under the Bayanihan Law:
- Late charges billed during the Enhanced Community Quarantine period regardless of whether the account is in good credit standing or in delinquent status and regardless of payment behavior.
- Finance Charge for cardholders who have made full payments on or before the due date in the last six (6) months.
- Penalty interest or the finance charge assessed on the finance charge billed to the account due to non-payment of the total amount due.
- Finance Charge for cardholders who were able to pay in full on the grace due date
Please find below computation of charges in the illustration below:
IMPORTANT NOTE: We would like to secure your kind understanding should there be duplicate reversal of charges that will be posted in your account as a result of a manual processing error. Please be assured that rectification of duplicate reversals will be processed accordingly as soon as normal operations resume after the Enhanced Quarantine Period.
Should you wish to avoid the billing of finance charges, you may opt to pay for your credit card online, via other bank channels, and other payment channels.
4. Where can I pay for my credit card?
You may conveniently pay for your Metrobank credit card(s) at any of the following payment channels:
- Metrobank – via MB Direct: https://personal.metrobankdirect.com and Mobile App – download at https://metrobank.app.link/downloadnow or at the App Store or Google Play Store
- PS Bank – via PS Bank Internet Banking: https://www.psbank.com.ph and Mobile App download via the App Store or Google Play Store
- GCASH – via https://www.gcash.com or download the mobile app at the App Store or Google Play Store
- RCBC Online – via RCBC Internet Banking https://www.rcbconlinebanking.com
- Security Bank Online – https://www.securitybankonline.securitybank.com.ph
- Bayad Center e-wallet – Download the Mobile app via App Store or Google Play. You can fund your Bayad Center e-wallet using your online account at any of the following banks and pay for your Metrobank credit cards by the “Pay Bills” option. 1. Metrobank
2. China Savings
4. Eastwest Bank
7. Robinsons Bank
8. Security Bank
- Coins.ph – Download the Mobile App via App Store or Google Play Store. You can fund your Coins.ph e-wallet using your online account at any of the following banks and pay for your Metrobank credit cards by the “Pay Bills” option. 1. AUB
3. Bank of Commerce
4. China Bank Savings
5. China Bank
6. EastWest Bank
7. ING Bank N.V.
12. RCBC Savings Bank
14. Robinsons Bank
15. Security Bank
- M Online - Here are the steps on how to settle your Metrobank credit card using M ONLINE: a. Visit our website: https://metrobankcard.com//onlineservices
b. Log in your account details. Registration is need if cardholder is a first time user.
c. Select CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
d. Choose credit card account that will be paid
e. Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click on “Proceed”
f. Click on “OK” on the notification prompt stating that page will be re-directed to Bancnet Online.
g. Provide the required information on your source bank account and click on “Submit”
h. Cardholder will receive a message that payment is successful
Registration process to M ONLINE are as follows:
- View Statement of Account
- Apply for a cash2go
- Apply for a bills2pay
- Pay online via Bancnet online
- Activate credit card
a. Visit our website:https://metrobankcard.com/onlineservices
b. Click on “Register Now”
c. Fill out the mandatory fields and click on “Submit”
d. Check your email foran acknowledgement receipt and click on the activation link
e. Log-in to the account after being redirected, once the cardholder has registered, the following services will be available:
Other bank channels:
- Metrophone Banking. Dial 5-8000 or 1800-1-888-5800 and an automated voice response system will guide you through your call.
- ATMs. Electronic payments are accepted through any Metrobank or Bancnet ATM.
- Bills Payment Facility:
|BANK NAME||ATM||BANK'S ONLINE BANKING||BANCNET ONLINE||MOBILE APP||PHONE BANKING|
|ASIA UNITED BANK||Y||Y||Y|
|BANK OF COMMERCE||Y||Y|
|CHINA BANKING CORPORATION||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|DEVELOPMENT BANK OF THE PHILS.||Y||Y|
|LAND BANK OF THE PHILIPPINES||Y||Y||Y|
|PHIL. BANK OF COMMUNICATIONS||Y||Y||Y|
|PHILIPPINE NATIONAL BANK||Y|
|PHILIPPINE SAVINGS BANK||Y|
|PNB SAVINGS BANK||Y|
|RCBC SAVINGS BANK||Y|
|RCBC SAVINGS IST||Y||Y|
|RIZAL COMMERCIAL BANKING CORP.||Y||Y||Y|
|STERLING BANK OF ASIA||Y||Y||Y|
|UCPB SAVINGS BANK||Y|
|UNITED COCONUT PLANTERS BANK||Y||Y|
Other Payment Channels on select branches:
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Bayad Center - Click here to view the available branches
- ECpay partners - Click here to view the available branches.
- True Money (select branches)
- RD Pawnshop (select branches)
- Expresspay (select branches)
- NATTCO – National Confederation of Cooperatives
- KAYA App
- Easy Day (select branches)
- Gaisano Grand (select branches in Visayas and Mindanao)
- Marjam Money Changer (Pangasinan)
- Alturas Supermarket (select branches in Bohol and Cebu)
- Lee Plaza (Dumaguete)
- SM Mart.
- Metro Manila - Supermarket Southmall and Savemore Marcos Alvarez.
- North Luzon - Supermarket Cauayan, Savemore Market Sta. Maria, Roxas, Greenway, Cabagan, Bayombong and Amigo.
- Visayas - Select locations in Visayas 2 only
- Mindanao - Select locations only
5. What will happen to my Automatic Debit payment arrangements?
Automatic Debit Arrangements will remain uninterrupted and will continue to be processed as regular payments. Please ensure that your accounts are adequately funded. In case you need to transfer funds from your other bank account to your Metrobank deposit account, you may transfer via Instapay or Pesonet.
In the event that you wish to temporarily suspend your Automatic Debit Arrangement during the Enhanced Community Quarantine period, please notify us by calling our hotline at 88-700-700 or send us an email at [email protected]
If your payment was already executed via Automatic Debit Arrangement, we can refund your payment back to your Metrobank deposit account FREE of charge.
Please note that by reversing your payment, this will automatically result to the assessment of finance charges and penalty interest as applicable depending on your Automatic Debit Instruction on whether full payment is made or minimum payment is made. Please refer to FAQ#3 for the waiver of charges qualification.
6. Will the non-payment of my credit card(s) affect my credit standing?
The non-payment of your credit card during the Enhanced Quarantine Period will not affect your credit standing in view of the 30-day grace period. The non-payment of your credit card on your next due date after the 30-day grace period will affect your credit standing.
7. How will you process my postdated checks for my payment arrangement in view of my account’s delinquent status?
We shall slide the deposit of your postdated check to your next due date. As such, the term of your payment arrangement will automatically extend by 30 days. Succeeding postdated checks will then be deposited thereafter the succeeding due dates until the end of the payment arrangement extended period. For example, if the cardholder’s last payment due date before the application of the 30-day mandatory grace period is June 15, 2020, the new last payment due date shall be July 15, 2020. Please find illustration for your reference:
Please make sure that your bank account is sufficiently funded to cover check payments that we will start to deposit after the end of the mandatory grace period.
8. What other offers do you have to help your cardholders?
Our cardholders in good credit standing can avail of the following facilities:
- 0% BALCON Program for essential purchases for 3 months. Retail purchases of up to PHP20,000 from the following categories: groceries/supermarkets, hospitals, drugstores/pharmacies may be processed for balance conversion.
- Bills2Pay facility to enable them to pay their utility bills conveniently with the following utility companies: (Enumerated utility companies may converted to pictures in the actual material)
For inquiries regarding our Skip Payment Program, please call our Financial Welfare Unit at 88-700-711.
We hope to have given you an option to achieve financial flexibility in these trying times. We remain steadfast in providing you #MeaningfulBanking experience.