The following Terms and Conditions govern the Metrobank credit card Balance Conversion facility. In this document, unless the context calls for another meaning, the term “METROBANK Credit Card Products (METROBANK Credit Cards)” refers to all credit card products issued by METROBANK, inclusive of affinity and co-branded cards.
1. All existing cardholders (both Principal and Supplementary), who are in good standing may apply to convert their new retail purchases on select essential merchant categories using their Metrobank credit card into 0% installment for 3 months only.
2. The following merchant categories that are eligible for the 0% BALCON on Essentials program are: Groceries/Supermarkets, Drugstores/Pharmacies and medical-related purchases such as but not limited to, hospital and medical equipment expenses, etc.
3. The program period is from April 2, 2020 until May 15, 2020.
4. The cardholder may go through the following channels to avail:
- Call Metrobank’s Customer Service Hotline numbers at 88-700-700 (Metro Manila) or 1-800-1-888-5775 (Domestic Toll-Free).
- Send an E-mail to Metrobank at [email protected] following the guidelines below:
- Subject of the E-mail should be: 0% Balcon Request (anything else will not be accepted since Customer Service will filter using this Subject).
- In the Body of the E-mail, the following details should be included:
- Last 6 digits of Credit Card Number
- Embossed Name as it appears on the Credit Card
- BALCON Amount
- Contact our Customer Service via Metrobank Card Facebook Messenger
5. The 0% BALCON on Essentials application shall be subject to verification and credit approval by Metrobank. The minimum 0% BALCON on Essentials amount per account must be at least Php6,000 and a maximum amount of Php20,000. Upon the date of approval by Metrobank of the amount, the cardholder’s availment of the 0% BALCON on Essentials facility is deemed irrevocable and may not be cancelled.
6. Only qualified merchant category transactions made during the program period and posted in Metrobank’s database at the time of application may be converted to 0% installment. Existing installment transactions are not eligible for this facility.
7. Metrobank shall have the absolute and exclusive right to approve or reject all 0% BALCON on Essentials applications. In case of disapproval of a 0% BALCON on Essentials application, Metrobank is not required to notify the cardholder of such rejection and the reason thereof. Metrobank shall not be liable for delinquency of the cardholder’s Metrobank , interest or penalty charge imposed upon the cardholder as a result of the disapproval by Metrobank of his/her application.
8. No processing fee shall be charged for all approved applications.
9. The cardholder shall be responsible for following up with Metrobank on the status of his/her application. The cardholder may call 88-700-700 (Metro Manila) or 1-800-1-888-5775 (Domestic Toll-Free).
10. The cardholder agrees to settle the monthly 0% BALCON on Essentials amortization due which shall be billed monthly through the SOA. The monthly amortization shall be computed as the Total Amount Payable (0% BALCON on Essentials amount approved) divided by the approved Term of payment. Successive monthly installment amortizations shall be billed to the cardholder in the succeeding SOAs until the Total Amount Payable is billed in full. Approved applications are not eligible to earn Rewards points.
11. The monthly amortization shall form part of the Minimum Amount Due in the SOA. If the cardholder opts to pay only the Minimum Amount Due or any amount below the Total Amount Due, only a portion of the monthly installment amortization shall be considered paid. The unpaid portion of the monthly 0% BALCON on Essentials amortization shall be subject to regular finance charges.
12. Failure to pay the minimum amount due shall constitute default, in which event, Metrobank may bill the entire remaining unbilled Principal and interest amortizations in full and the total outstanding balance shall immediately become due and demandable without need of notice or demand. Amounts paid after due date shall be charged with interest and penalty charges similar to that charged to other past due accounts.
13. If the cardholder chooses to accelerate the installment contract with Metrobank, with or without advice, a pre-termination fee of P550 or 5% of the installment principal balance, whichever is higher, shall be billed to the cardholder. Any remaining balance (i.e. remaining principal amount based on Diminishing Balance computation and/or penalties, interest and other charges) shall be billed in the next statement cycle together with the applicable interest charge.
14. All other terms and conditions governing the issuance of Metrobank credit cards not inconsistent with the foregoing terms and conditions shall be incorporated hereto.
15. The following Terms and Conditions that govern the Metrobank credit card Balance Conversion facility shall be superseded by the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Section 4 (aa) of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 11469, otherwise known as the “Bayanihan to Heal as One Act” until such guideline is in effect.